The Annual General Meeting will be held at St Gregorys Club on Wednesday 18th April 2018 starting at 7.30 pm. All member clubs / teams should be represented and will be allowed one vote per team provided that they have paid the Team Registration Fee for season 2018-2019.
1. Apologies for absence.
1a Deceased Members: Bob Dance June 2017; Norman Carter March 2018
2. Minutes of the AGM held on Wednesday 12th April 2017
3. Matters arising
4. Chairman’s Report (Mick Wignall)
5. Secretary’s Report (Paul Garstang)
6. Treasurer’s Report – Accounts and Balance Sheet (Mick Wignall)
7. Election of Committee for season 2018-2019. Existing Committee – Craig Millward and Dave Myers are due for re-election this year. Paul Hamriding and Richard Kay are due for re-election next year. Positions of Chairman (Mick Wignall), Treasurer (Mick Wignall), Secretary (Paul Garstang) and Assistant Secretary (Paul Taylor) are due for re-election this year. Application to join the committee received from James Peoples.
8. Team Registrations and Structure of Divisions
9. Written proposals received from Clubs and Committee as per Rule 3.
9a Clarification of 6 Man & 3 Man Team Handicapping after last years amendment (Elite B)
9b 6 Man Team Scheduling – propose rounds 3 and 4 or 2 and 3 (if prelims occur) are also scheduled – making season two weeks longer (Elite B)
9c Full ball miss rule x 3 misses – would like the leagues ruling on this defining clearly (Elite B)
9d Suggested review of transfer policy (Rule 15) – no transfers at all during season (Elite A & Committee)
9e Suggested clarification on postponement of matches (Rule 7) as amended last season as a refresher for all parties. (e.g. Extreme weather conditions or unexpected closure of a club. (Recommended by the Committee)
9f Suggested £10 extra reg fees to pay for a 3rd and 4th division cup competition (B Mangan – Brownedge Blue)
9g Suggestion to scrap the money PDSL spends on hotel accommodation at Leeds Comp and use the money towards an Under 22 Handicap Comp (B Mangan – Brownedge Blue)
9h Suggestion for P Garstang – if he provides a weekly blog on website – to provide a precised version to LEP for inclusion in their sports section as per previous years (B Mangan – Brownedge Blue)
10. Applications for additional teams to join the league have been received from: ?????
We look forward to seeing you at 730pm on Wednesday evening. Please note that the agenda is now closed – the proposals 9a to 9h are the only proposals received in writing within the time period as per rule 3 and no additional items will be added or raised on the evening at the AGM.
Gentle Reminder : Please note that each team represented is allowed one vote per item as long as their registration fees have been paid. No registration no vote. You have been warned !